Shop ForemanMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Shop Foreman in Duncan, SC.
This position is a Foreman role with dual responsibilities of both leading and performing heavy equipment maintenance. Shop foreman will organize, guide, and strive to meet schedules for work performed by self and other technicians in the Equipment Division Shop. Role will collaborate with the Shop Manager who will set priorities and provide general oversight of shop activities. The Shop Foreman will have the responsibility to help aid both shop with proper diagnostics and repair procedures, as well as technical support. The Shop Foreman role will be primarily based out of the Spartanburg shop but will require occasional travel and field work.
• Conduct morning JSA meetings to cover the Plan of the Day and daily safety hazards/mitigations
• Coordinate with Shop Manager the work schedule for the week.
• Assign work based on priorities set by Shop Manager
• Assist technicians with accessing, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of equipment
• Implement the shop mechanic apprenticeship program, providing feedback to progress, and recommendations to future training needs
• Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, air, and diesel power systems including articulating dump trucks,
dozers, excavators, wheel loaders, motor graders, compactors, RCC machinery, compact track loaders and various other heavy construction equipment.
• Test equipment following repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with operating specifications
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
• Use diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices to determine required malfunctions and necessary repairs
• Responsible for service documentation, ordering parts as needed.
• Minimum 2 years of experience maintaining heavy construction machinery
• Extensive knowledge of diesel engines, electronic controls, and computer based diagnostic systems
• Must have of a valid driver’s license and maintain driving record compliant with MVR policy guidelines
• Ability to perform repairs and maintenance in the field and shop settings
• Must be able to read, interpret, and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics along with service manuals to help diagnose issues to be able to make needed
• Welding and fabrication experience preferred
• Must have own mechanic’s tools (basic hand and air tools)
• Must be willing and able to travel on limited basis
• Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 100 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, crawl in tight or confined spaces and push/pull.
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
Paid Time Off