Geostructural Project EngineerMorgan Corp. is searching for a Geostructural Project Engineer in Charlotte, NC.
Morgan Corp’s Geostructural services include:
- Design Build Geostructural / Geotechnical Construction
- Traditional and Specialty Foundation piles (Driven piles, Sheet piles, Micropiles, Helical piers, etc.)
- Horizontal Excavation Support Systems (Soil Nail Walls, Solider Pile Walls, Cofferdams, Shoring Systems, etc.)
- Vertical Structural Shoring Systems (Existing Structure Bracing, Emergency Structural Supports, etc.)
- Grouting and Shotcrete Systems (Shotcrete Walls, Rock Anchors, Tiebacks, etc.)
Our scopes sometimes come from an engineered set of drawings provided to us by a client, but often our scopes are developed as a team with the client in response to a unique site condition issue that has developed. As such, this position requires a strong problem-solving skillset and desire to develop solutions that strike a balance between constructability and design.
Morgan Corp works across a wide range of industries and customers:
- Power Generation / Utility
- Water Treatment
- Transportation / DOT
- Heavy Civil
- Private and Specialty Clients
Our company values and social contract puts our customers and their solutions first, yielding strong industry contacts and relationships. In the role of Project Engineer you will have the opportunity to learn and grow while representing Morgan Corp. to current and future clients.
The ideal candidate would have an engineering degree or substantial experience in fields such as geostructural foundations, bridge construction, or retaining structures.
- Interfacing with Project Managers, Field Supervisors, and project field teams to support and ensure accurate construction of the engineered design and plans
- Ability to implement, document and load test Geostructural solutions and concepts based on project needs
- Pre-construction activities include synthesizing information and planning with internal and external parties to fully develop Geostructural aspects of the project
- Attend job meetings including preconstruction, project, and staff meetings
- Assist in project team planning and organizing day-to-day project activities
- Assist in obtaining all necessary approvals for planned work
- Assist in monitoring progress, manpower, and budget
- Assist in monitoring project document development, project change and variation orders
- Pre-construction submittals, budget setup and tracking
- Actively participating in project planning to ensure job site safety
- Construction experience in foundation, excavation support, bridge construction, specialty design build, or Geotechnical / Geostructural fields
- BS in Engineering with concentration in Geotechnical or Geostructural design beneficial (but not required)
- Interest in learning and implementing traditional and emerging Geostructural technologies, methods, and concepts
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and ability to select the best tools for the job.
- A problem-solving mindset and desire to achieve success for the team by leading by example.
- Sense of urgency and ability to respond to changing situations with a positive attitude by focusing on issues and not emotions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Must be able to convey information by telephone, email, and in-person; and effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations, which may include customers, vendors, and /or other employees
- Ability to resolve problems involving several variables with limited supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel and work at job sites located predominately in the Southeastern United States.
- Exposure and working knowledge of AutoCAD / Bluebeam / MS office
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift, carry, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com