Utility ForemanMorgan Corp. is currently searching for an experienced Utility Foreman to work on projects with our Raleigh, NC Division
The Utility Foreman will supervise a pipe crew who lay pipe, install sanitary or storm water sewer structures or pipe systems, grade, level, and backfill trench bases.
- Oversee daily tasks of a small crew of pipe laborers.
- Coordinate with site management to determine pipe routes, follow blueprints, and pipe layout and install sequence.
- Inspects work site to determine sequencing and method of pipe installation and survey for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Responsible for crew safety.
- Plans drain pipe installation to reduce interference with other project activities.
- Coach other team members by teaching them proper pipe construction techniques.
- Complete time sheet with pertinent info from the day’s activity and submit per payroll schedule
- Complete all required paperwork (daily project reports, etc.) and submit as required
- Transport team members to and from job site as needed
- Interpret production schedules and comply with all federal, state, and other regulations including Erosion Control Laws and Regulations.
- Must complete the required trenching and excavation training requirements set forth by The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- 5 to 7 years of experience with water lines, storm water lines, sanitary sewer, and underground utilities
- 1 -2 years foreman experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability of managing people, equipment, and materials in a safe, efficient and ethical manner.
- Ability to travel to job sites throughout the Southeast for extended periods of time as required.
- Competent person and OSHA 30 Hour certification
- Ability to identify and correct unsafe conditions
- Capable of working at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Must be willing and able to travel to other project sites throughout the Southeastern U.S. as needed
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 75 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com