Survey ManagerMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Survey Manager for our Charlotte, NC Division.
As a Survey Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of all survey related requirements for a project from start to finish. You will play an integral role in establishing and maintaining methods for a safe, accurate and efficient Survey Department. You will manage and review as-built deliverables, site layout, 3D models and field survey operations.
- As-Builts: Review contract with project managers to make sure all required as-builts are delivered to client with corresponding required information. Manage all drafting of as-builts to ensure all requirements are met and delivered. Facilitate signed and sealed as-builts when needed.
- Site layout and 3D Model Computations and review: Coordinate with the design engineer throughout project to make sure all design requirements/intentions are understood. Review all models before they are exported to field to ensure we are meeting design requirements and intentions. Build models when needed based on staff availability.
- Management of Field Survey Operations: Staffing of the survey personnel for each project and scheduling the allocation of all needed equipment. Communicate with project supervision and coordinate with all survey personal what survey support is required on each project. Coordinate with project manager and client to establish site survey control for entirety of project. Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and culture for all survey personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Heavy Civil Construction Survey including construction layout, site survey control calculations, and 3D modeling.
- Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to perform calculations (area, volume, circumference, proportion, percentage)
- Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
- Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
- Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
- Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
- Ability to travel
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com