Shop MechanicMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Shop Mechanic in Duncan, SC.
The primary responsibilities of this position is to service, repair, and maintain the Company’s heavy equipment.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel power systems on a variety of construction equipment including but not limited to dozers, skid loaders, dump trucks, excavators, and various other heavy construction equipment as well as some small engines.
• Test equipment following repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with operating specifications
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
• Use diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices to determine required malfunctions and necessary repairs
• 2 years of experience maintaining and repairing construction equipment and trucks preferred
• Knowledge of diesel engines, electronic controls, and computer based diagnostic systems
• Must have of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), meet DOT requirements, and maintain driving record compliant with MVR policy guidelines
• Ability to perform repairs and maintenance in the field and shop settings
• Must be able to read, interpret, and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics along with service manuals to help diagnose issues to be able to make needed repairs
• Welding and fabrication experience preferred
• Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed