Lowboy Truck DriverMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Lowboy Driver in Savannah, GA.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to safely and securely load, haul, and unload heavy construction equipment to and from specified destinations throughout the Southeastern U.S.
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction equipment.
- Perform daily safety checks on fluid levels on oil, water, fuel, as well as the inspection for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation.
- Drive truck equipped with various trailer combinations and weights
- Calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer to maintain DOT compliance
- Perform other functions, such as pre- and post-load equipment inspections and various yard and shop duties.
- Minimum 3 years of experience driving a lowboy
- Must have valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), meet DOT requirements, and maintain driving record compliant with MVR policy guidelines
- Previous experience operating heavy construction equipment preferred, but not required
- Experience operating airbrakes and standard transmission
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Southeastern U.S. as needed
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
- Super-load/Multi Axle Experience preferred, but not required
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 100 lbs. occasionally, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, crawl in tight or confined spaces and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com