Heavy Equipment Road MechanicMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Heavy Equipment Road Mechanic for our Charlotte/Raleigh, NC Divisions
The primary responsibilities of this position is to service, repair, and maintain the Company’s heavy equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel power systems on a variety of construction equipment including but not limited to dozers, skid loaders, dump trucks, excavators, and various other heavy construction equipment as well as some small engines.
- Test equipment following repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with operating specifications
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Use diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices to determine required malfunctions and necessary repairs
- Responsible for service documentation, ordering parts, and maintaining assigned service truck.
- Minimum 2 years of experience maintaining and repairing construction equipment and trucks
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines, electronic controls, and computer based diagnostic systems
- Must have of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), meet DOT requirements, and maintain driving record compliant with MVR policy guidelines
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance in the field and shop settings
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics along with service manuals to help diagnose issues to be able to make needed repairs
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred
- Must have own mechanic’s tools (basic hand and air tools)
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Southeastern U.S. as needed
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 100 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, crawl in tight or confined spaces and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com