Grade ForemanMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Grade Foreman.
The primary responsibilities of this position include managing and directing grading crews involved in site work, paving, and utilities. The Grade Foreman plans, coordinates, and directs daily tasks to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently, and on schedule. The Foreman must have broad functional expertise as well as the ability to solve routine and complex problems.
- Oversee crews performing site work.
- Read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Communicate construction needs –material, equipment, and staffing in a timely manner to Superintendent to prevent delays.
- Inspect work areas throughout construction process to ensure the quality and accuracy of work meets specifications and that crew meets productivity goals.
- Monitor and ensure that crew follows safety policies and procedures.
- Complete required reports (production, personnel time and attendance, vehicle, safety, inspection) on a daily/weekly basis
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to improve efficiency.
- Initiate and participate in personnel actions including hiring, discipline, evaluation and promotion of employees, and terminations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Five years of related experience and training.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understands, and analyze plans and specifications.
- Sense of urgency and ability to respond to changing situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete work on schedule.
- Ability to effectively communicate plans and work schedules to crew and management.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Able to formulate sound decisions using available information.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive truck.
- Ability to use smartphone, iPad, and computer.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work away from home for extended periods.
While performing this job the Grade Foreman will:
- Regularly stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and manipulate object, reach with hands and arms, lift above head, bend to the waist, squat, talk and hear.
- Occasionally lift, move or push up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include near, far and color vision.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Work in construction areas posing greater risk due to moving equipment and potential trip and fall hazards.
- Regularly be exposed to varying temperatures (high and low) and loud noises.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com