Concrete SuperintendentMorgan Corp. is currently searching for a Concrete Superintendent.
This position is primarily responsible for include managing and directing the job and the concrete crews. The Concrete Superintendent plans, coordinates, and directs daily tasks to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently, and on schedule. The Superintendent must have broad functional expertise as well as the ability to solve routine and complex problems.
- Oversee crews performing concrete work – heavy commercial and industrial concrete projects
- Read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Communicate construction needs –material, equipment, and staffing in a timely manner to Project Management to prevent delays.
- Inspect work areas throughout construction process to ensure the quality and accuracy of work meets specifications and that crew meets productivity goals.
- Monitor and ensure that crew follows safety policies and procedures.
- Complete required reports (production, personnel time and attendance, vehicle, safety, inspection) on a daily/weekly basis
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods to improve efficiency.
- Initiate and participate in personnel actions including hiring, discipline, evaluation and promotion of employees, and terminations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- 5+ years of concrete construction experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understands, and analyze plans and specifications.
- Sense of urgency and ability to respond to changing situations.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and complete projects in a changing construction environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate plans and work schedules at all levels.
- Ability to build a collaborative and effective team.
- Unyielding commitment to safe work practices.
- Able to formulate sound decisions using available information.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive truck.
- Ability to use smartphone, iPad, and computer.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work out of town for extended periods.
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. While performing the essential functions of this job the Superintendent will regularly stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and manipulate object, reach with hands and arms, lift above head, bend to the waist, squat, talk and hear. Occasionally climb ladders, crawl in tight or confined spaces, and lift, move or push up to 75 pounds. Specific vision requirements include near, far and color vision. Ascend or descend stairs as well as walk on uneven terrain. Work in construction areas posing greater risk due to moving equipment and potential trip and fall hazards. Regularly be exposed to varying temperatures (high and low) and loud noises.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com